Scroll down for video
On stage in front of his adoring fans is no longer the safest of places for Chanyeol. The EXO idol was struck in the leg by a bottle during a Chinese concert on August 1.
The incident took place in front of 18,000 fans at the Chengdu Sports Center during the group's Chinese leg of their EXO’luXION tour.
China's Sohu Media first reported that the water bottle was thrown by an overexcited fan towards the stage and struck 22-year-old Chanyeol on his left shin.
Onlookers later recalled that the singer winced in pain as soon as the bottle took impact. Concertgoer Mia Tian, 19, tells IdolWow!, "His face looked like he was in pain and could see him looking down at his leg and checking to see if it had been cut. He then leaned down to take a closer look and was wiping something off his leg. He looked shocked and pulled up his sock to cover the mark the bottle had made."
Indeed, fan photos show the singer bending down and looking at his leg. And one super close-up shot even shows a fresh cut on his skin.
Later during the concert a security guard was spotted passing the "Love Me Right" idol what looked like a pill and water, possibly a pain killer. (A rep for EXO had no comment).
Stay in the know about EXO by following IdolWow! on Twitter
It's not been the luckiest of weeks for the group. Bandmate Sehun was targeted by online trolls after they tried to spread false drunk-driving rumors, forcing SM Entertainment to instruct lawyers.
We hope the wee ahead provides some good fortune for the hard-working members.